Dave Taylor

Default Word keeps trying to move everything

I'm trying to insert pictures into a Word document, and Word keeps moving
the pictures around. I set them up for having the text wrap only top and
bottom, yet the pictures move and then overlap the captions. Trying to move
them back into place, the captions disappear and finally the bitmaps
disappear altogether, Word locks up and asks me if I want to send the
problem to Microsoft....by this point there is a lot more than the problem I
want to send to them! I've learned now to save the document after every
figure inserted.

Is there a way to FIX a picture to a location and not let it move?

Anne Troy

If you're using top/bottom text wrap, why not just insert the pictures as in
line with text instead of wrapping text? I prefer this option for ALL my
pictures and, quite frankly, avoid any other options at all costs. If you
want in line with text as the default, let me know. There's a way to do that
with a macro if your version doesn't have it in Tools--Options.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com