Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brayden Brayden is offline

Default How to adjust spacing between a list number and the text

Created a list and after the number appears there is a default space between
the number and the text immediately following it. I want to be able to
adjust that space. My only results in search were for the format tab in Word
2003 and I'm using Word 2007 which has no format tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amanda Cass Amanda Cass is offline

Having had exactly the same query I came across this and tried it. It worked
but I also found another way that seemed a little less cumbersome if all you
want to do is amend the indents (and it works for bullets as well).

Click on the number/bullet to select. Right-click and from the pop-up menu
select "Adjust list indents...". It brings up a small dialogue box that
enables you to change the indent of the numbering/bullet and how far after
the number/bullet the text appears.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Sure it does. Go to Modify Style, click Format, and one of the choices
is Tabs.

On Jul 18, 8:08 pm, Brayden wrote:
Created a list and after the number appears there is a default space between
the number and the text immediately following it. I want to be able to
adjust that space. My only results in search were for the format tab in Word
2003 and I'm using Word 2007 which has no format tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, Adjust List Indents is the way to do it when you are dealing with
autonumbered or bulleted paragraphs. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP