DannyEne

Default an embedded object

Sometimes when we copy an excel table we risk to copy it all, even though we
think that we've copied just a part...so my question is:

How do i find out if a word document contains an excel file embedded ?
Is there any program that can detect the embedded excel files?

Thank you

CyberTaz

Hi Danny-

I don't know of any program that "scans" a file to see what, if any,
embedded objects it contains, but there may very well be.

The easiest thing is to open the doc & click the 'object'. If an insertion
point (cursor) appears it was inserted as a table. Otherwise, double-click
the suspected object & see what happens. If it is an Excel file, Excel will
launch & open the object for editing. If not the picture editor opens or
something else will.

HTH |:)