Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PiD PiD is offline

Default Endnote x1 error: The specified Word library cannot be unloaded

Hello,

I'm revieving the following error whenever I try to open a Word document:
"The specified Word library cannot be unloaded because it is in use." I have
Endnote x1 installed, which is supposed to be completely compatible with
Vista and Office 2007, both of which I'm running on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Office suite and
Endnote, but the problem persists. (I would prefer not to do a complete
reinstall from the OS up, but am willing to do so if that is the only way to
resolve the problem.)

If you have the time, please let me know: (1) what is causing the problem,
and (2) how to resolve it.