ARY

Default Merged Document edit fields MS Word 2003 SP1

Please make the merged document contain regular text. It is difficult to
customize when the merge information stays a field form. It never behaved
like this before.

For ex: I'm building a catalog. Some of the entries are too long (like
addresses), so i want to use some abbreviations. If i try to select a word,
good grief, the whole darned field is selected. I have to delete it
character by character. I can't double click the word, delete it, and type in
the abbreviation i want to use. This is a real nuisance and will cause users
to make errors because they either delete the full field or leave some
straggling letters because they didn't carefully use the delete each letter
method.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Doug Robbins

Execute your merge to a new document and then make the edits in that
document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.