Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lisa G Lisa G is offline

Default How do i get each label on a page of merged doc to be different?

I am merging an excel spreadsheet into an existing label template. There are
6 labels up on a page. I get the same 6 names on the entire page instead of
6 different names per page....any help? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Ensure that each label cell except the first label cell in the table in the
Word Mail Merge Main Document has a Next record field at the top. By a
label cell I mean a cell in the table that contains the mergefields for a
label (in some layouts, there are "spacer cells" that should not contain
anything).

There are various ways to do that but in this case it may be easiest to
a. clcik Alt-F9 to reveal the field codes (so they look like { MERGEFIELD
myfield }
b. put the insertion point at the beginning of the second label cell
c. use ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of the special field code braces {}
d. inside the braces, type NEXT
e. select the { NEXT } field, and copy and paste it into label cells 3, 4,
5 and 6 (or however many there are)

Peter Jamieson

"Lisa G" Lisa wrote in message
I am merging an excel spreadsheet into an existing label template. There
are
6 labels up on a page. I get the same 6 names on the entire page instead
of
6 different names per page....any help? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm