Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Priya

Default Multiple Outline Numbering

Hi,

I have a word document. There are several sections. There seem to be two
levels of outline numbering (Wish I could attach a sample document).

I am not able to get this numbering format. I need it exactly as mentioned
here. Please help me.

The styles are like this:

1) Level 1 Heading: Bold, 14"
2) Level 2 text: 12"
3) Level 2 Heading: Bold, 12"
4) Level 3 text: 12"
5) Normal: 12"

The document outline is as follows:

1.0 Level 1 Heading

1.1 Level 2 Text
1.2 Level 2 Text

2.0 Level 1 Heading

2.1 Level 2 Text
2.2 Level 2 Text

3.0 Level 1 Heading

4.0 Level 1 Heading

4.1 Level 2 Text
4.2 Level 2 Text

5.0 Level 1 Heading

Normal

5.1 Level 2 Heading

5.2 Level 2 Heading

6.0 Level 1 Heading

6.0.1 Level 3 Text
6.0.2 Level 3 Text
6.0.3 Level 3 Text

6.1 Level 2 Heading

6.2 Level 2 Heading

6.2.1 Level 3 Text
6.2.2 Level 3 Text
6.2.3 Level 3 Text

6.3 Level 2 Heading

7.0 Level 1 Heading

7.1 Level 2 Text
7.2 Level 2 Text
--
Thanks and regards,
Priya
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Retrieving a numbering format is more or less impossible, unless it
was linked to paragraph styles. The easiest way to fix the document is
to recreate numbering and link it to styles using the techniques
described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
then apply the numbered styles to text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Priya" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Priya

Hi,

I finally resolved the issue. I made the level 2 heading as level 5 adn it
worked. Thank you
--
Regards,
Priya

"Priya" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

I'm glad you got it sorted. Did you find the article helpful?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP