Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
toastie08

Default want to delete a word but highlight & backspace doesn't remove it

How do I remove a word, am in Microsoft Word, Office 2003. XP - I can type ok
but if I highlight a word and hit the backspace key to remove it, it doesn't
work, and I wonder why. Is it something about Auto correct, or whatever? I
can highlight and click on the small icon of scissors which does remove the
word but there must be an easier way. ? Any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools|Options|Edit|Typing replaces selection.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP