Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mr. Harder Mr. Harder is offline

Default Tab Settings

Why, when I click on the ruler to set a tab, does it set it at a different
location then where I click?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Tab setting on the Ruler is controlled by the underlying drawing grid.

Turn on the Drawing Toolbar, click the draw button & choose Grid. Remove the
check for Snap Objects to Grid (or set it to a finer increment) & you will
have more flexibility in positioning. Also, hold the Alt key while dragging
a Tab to see measurements in the Ruler rather than just the tick marks.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Mr. Harder" Mr. wrote in message
Why, when I click on the ruler to set a tab, does it set it at a different
location then where I click?

Changes to Template Settings Frogmouth Page Layout 8 May 10th 06 08:24 AM
NONE TO HELP !!!! - ALL of my Office Settings has gone Jae Microsoft Word Help 0 April 14th 05 12:33 AM
ALL of my Office Settings has gone Jae Microsoft Word Help 0 April 5th 05 12:05 PM
Template settings TRM Page Layout 1 February 7th 05 11:11 AM
template settings TRM Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 05 04:23 PM