Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mickie Mickie is offline

Default Headers and Footers Question

I want the header of each section to be different but the footer to be the
same all the way through the document so that adding a client's name on the
footer only needs to be done once. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Yes. To make the header different in each section, use Next Page Breaks and
click the button on the Header and Footer toolbar that says Same As Previous
to unlink it.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Mickie" wrote:

I want the header of each section to be different but the footer to be the
same all the way through the document so that adding a client's name on the
footer only needs to be done once. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mickie Mickie is offline

I understand how to make each section different. But what I want to do is to
make the header in each section different while keeping the footer the same.

Our footer has a place for the client's name, and the worker has to type
that name into the footer.

I want to make it so that the name only needs to be put into the footer
once, but if I make the header different for each section, the footer has to
be put into each section.

I am trying to keep the same footer while changing the header.

"Mickie" wrote:

I want the header of each section to be different but the footer to be the
same all the way through the document so that adding a client's name on the
footer only needs to be done once. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Word treats headers and footers separately.
If you turn off "Same as Previous" in the _headers_ only (as Carol told),
the footers will still be linked. Type the desired footer text in one section
and all the other sections will automatically be applied the same footer as
long as "Same as Previous" is turned on.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Mickie" wrote:

I want the header of each section to be different but the footer to be the
same all the way through the document so that adding a client's name on the
footer only needs to be done once. Can this be done?

Headers & footers Lighthouse Microsoft Word Help 2 September 28th 06 01:54 PM
Headers and Footers Adam Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 06 03:51 PM
Headers and footers Adam New Users 1 January 30th 06 11:30 AM
Headers and Footers M Tables 6 January 27th 06 03:07 PM
Headers & Footers kuze Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 09:46 PM