Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rachgg4 rachgg4 is offline

Default auto number a word document each time it is opened

Hi there,

I would like to know how to have a number update automatically each time the
document is opened. I have tried all the avenues I know and still have had no
luck.
I am using word 2003 and have no experience with macros, however I am keen
to learn. I am struggling to get the below advice to previous users "
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. "
to work for me. It keeps coming up with error messages after I have created
the macro, the main one being "Compile Error: Expected Function or variable"
for the "Order =" and then will not attach it to my document.
I know many others have asked how to do this, I'm sorry if this is sounding
repetitive.
Many thanks in advance to anyone able to help me.

Kind regards