Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
El Comandante El Comandante is offline

Default How to import style sheets?

I pretty much use the same styles in every document. It's tedious to create a
new style sheet every time I start a new document. Can I set up an external
style sheet and just import it when I create a new document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Two thoughts offhand:

1- When you create your styles why not select the option at the bottom of
the New Style dialog for "New documents based on this template"? That stores
the style in the Normal.dotm rather than in the document, or

2- Related to the above, but create a template of your own which includes
the styles you need & base new files on it.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/24/10 3:54 PM, in article
, "El Comandante" El
wrote:

I pretty much use the same styles in every document. It's tedious to create a
new style sheet every time I start a new document. Can I set up an external
style sheet and just import it when I create a new document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
El Comandante[_2_] El Comandante[_2_] is offline

I found the "Organizer" in the "Style" menu, which enables copying styles to
and from normal.dotm. Thanks!

.

Style Sheets k f h Microsoft Word Help 1 October 1st 09 09:02 AM
Linked Style Sheets Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 2 February 24th 07 07:01 PM
Please Help me in Style Sheets Husain Nagri Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 06 10:40 AM
Style Sheets [email protected].(donotspam) Microsoft Word Help 3 July 28th 05 07:39 PM
Style Separator with custom style sheets DK Goodwin Formatting Long Documents 1 May 13th 05 05:48 PM