Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Couch Dave Couch is offline

Default Insert a Text Filed in Word 2003

This may be answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I think it is
simple, but one never know. I want to have various pieces of text in my
document to act like a field. i.e. I want "Aerial Survey" to appear in
multiple places but have only one source. So that if I change the wording
for "Aerial Survey", to "Aerial Topographic Survey", it will change
everywhere in the document. I do not want to protect the document. I can't
seem to figure out how to do this. Word 2003 please.
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_4_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_4_] is offline

Dave,

For a start - and possibly an end - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"Dave Couch" wrote in message
This may be answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I think it is
simple, but one never know. I want to have various pieces of text in my
document to act like a field. i.e. I want "Aerial Survey" to appear in
multiple places but have only one source. So that if I change the wording
for "Aerial Survey", to "Aerial Topographic Survey", it will change
everywhere in the document. I do not want to protect the document. I
can't
seem to figure out how to do this. Word 2003 please.
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you if you need to change a word,
i.e., "arerial survey," to "aerial topographic survey," you could do so with
Find & Replace. Just click Edit, Find, Find & Replace.