Why would Word open IE instead of default browser Firefox?

Old February 1st 10, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ourhouse_don

Default Why would Word open IE instead of default browser Firefox?

I downloaded a .doc file from the web that contains hyperlinks. When I click
on them, Word opens IE8, even though I have confirmed that Firefox is my
default Browser. Why? What can I do to get Word to open the default browser?
I have not tried this with any other Office tool.