Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marsh Marsh is offline

Default A Problem with Borders

I have a large Word 2002 document with a number of tables. All the tables
are formatted identically, at least that is my hope. The tables can span one
to three pages and is sorrounded with a double border. The Header row, set
to repeat, has a bottom single border. I have also specified that rows can
not break accross pages.
The problem is, for a table that spans more than one page, it seems the
first row below the Header row on the second or third page picks up the
double border above the row. If I remove it, I lose the "double table
border" at the bottom of previous page (at the last row on that page). I am
at a total loss to explain this behavior and a fix alludes me.

Please help
Thanks
Marsh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Marsh

Marsh wrote:
I have a large Word 2002 document with a number of tables. All the tables
are formatted identically, at least that is my hope. The tables can span one
to three pages and is sorrounded with a double border. The Header row, set
to repeat, has a bottom single border. I have also specified that rows can
not break accross pages.
The problem is, for a table that spans more than one page, it seems the
first row below the Header row on the second or third page picks up the
double border above the row. If I remove it, I lose the "double table
border" at the bottom of previous page (at the last row on that page). I am
at a total loss to explain this behavior and a fix alludes me.

FWIW, I cannot replicate this behaviour in Word 2003 (not even with
compatibility options set to 2002). So it's either pretty rare
circumstances which trigger this, or an "undesired effect" (read: bug)
that has been corrected. [Or a minor corruption: can you replicate this
in a brand new document with a newly created table?]

One "workaround" might be to format the whole first row with double
border as well?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Weird Print to File Problem Jon Barron Microsoft Word Help 0 April 12th 06 07:37 PM
Problem with maximized Word window matero Microsoft Word Help 2 April 4th 06 06:04 PM
Problem with Normal.dot or formatting??? Jeff Menard Microsoft Word Help 5 March 20th 06 04:41 PM
Borders problem M Page Layout 2 February 8th 06 08:28 AM
Attaching Expansion Pack to Word Documents - Puzzling Problem Jose Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM