Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary55 Mary55 is offline

Default Filename change automatically in footer when document is resaved

When I resave my document, I want the new filenmame to appear automatically
in the footer of the document. How do I do that? I know it can be done.
I've seen it in other documents.

Mary55
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You need to insert a FILENAME field in the Footer - how you'd go about it
depends on which version of Word.

In 2007 see:
http://office.microsoft.com/client/h...A101004261033&
QueryID=rB_DeYREQ0&respos=3&rt=2&ns=WINWORD&lcid=1 033&pid=CH100992711033

[If the link is broken go to Help & search the topic: Insert a field]

In prior versions use Insert Field Document Information - FileName.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/7/08 1:10 PM, in article
, "Mary55"
wrote:

When I resave my document, I want the new filenmame to appear automatically
in the footer of the document. How do I do that? I know it can be done.
I've seen it in other documents.

Mary55

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

However it will not update *automatically* if you change the document name.
You would have to update the field by one of a variety of methods eg
switching to print preview. The simplest solution is to have an update macro
on the toolbar - use the code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

wrote:

When I resave my document, I want the new filenmame to appear
automatically in the footer of the document. How do I do that? I
know it can be done. I've seen it in other documents.

Mary55

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Thanks Graham - oversight on my part. Should have mentioned that!

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac