Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default How to create a text box and combo box within

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to create a
square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross for selected
items, and they can select more than one box at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on word
documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a Checkbox formfield alongside each item that you want the user to be
able to select.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to create a
square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross for selected
items, and they can select more than one box at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on word
documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Thank you very much for your suggestions
Could you please tell me where I can find the option for checkbox formfield
to be inserted in word?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to create a
square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross for selected
items, and they can select more than one box at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on word
documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In versions up to Word 2003 it is on the forms toolbar. In Word 2007 it is
on the developer tab (which is not displayed by default - Word Options
Popular Show Developer tab) in the Legacy Tools group.

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to
create a square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross
for selected items, and they can select more than one box at the
same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on
word documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Get the Checkbox Add-in that can be down loaded from Charles Kenyon's
website at:

http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm#PageStart

--

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to create
square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross for selected
items, and they can select more than one box at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on word
documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
I see the Macro coding, but I still don't know how to create a checkbox in
word.
I have tried to create a checkbox, but get no idea on how to work on the
macro coding related to this checkbox.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm#PageStart
http://addbalance.com/word/download/...oxtemplate.zip
CheckBox REF Substitute.doc

Macro Coding for checkbox
Option Explicit

Sub CopyCheckBoxMacro()
' Macro written by Charles Kenyon
' 21 December 2001 revised 11 January 2002
'
' Declare variables
Dim sCheck As String
Dim bCheck As Boolean
Dim sChecka As String
Dim sCheckb As String
'
' Get name and value of formfield which was just used and
' set variable for dependent formfield name
sCheck = Selection.FormFields.Item(1).Name
sChecka = sCheck & "a"
sCheckb = sCheck & "b"
bCheck = ActiveDocument.FormFields(sCheck).CheckBox.Value
'
' Unprotect document
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
'
' Set value for dependent checkboxes and reprotect document
ActiveDocument.FormFields(sChecka).CheckBox.Value = bCheck
ActiveDocument.FormFields(sCheckb).CheckBox.Value = bCheck
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End Sub

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create combo box
within word document?
For example, how to create a list of options, and would like to create
square box, if people click on it, it will display a cross for selected
items, and they can select more than one box at the same time.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create this features on word
documents?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on using
macro listings and
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm explain the creation of
checkable boxes.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Insert a Checkbox formfield alongside each item that you want the
user to be
able to select.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP