Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KennyT KennyT is offline

Default How do I change the displayed columns in the address book

I have a number of similar contacts (e.g "The Treasurer") for various
companies in my Outlook contacts list. When I try to display the address
book in Word, "company name" is not amongst the listed items. Is there any
way of adding it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simple answer is no. The problem is caused because you have configured
the contact name as The Treasure instead of as Job Title. This removes one
problem, but creates the other. Personally I would put The Treasurer in the
Job Title field and leave the contact name field blank. The following
Outlook Macro will do that for all your contacts so affected. You may then
have to attend to the way you use the address book to insert the contact
details in Word - see http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Public Sub MoveNameToJobTitle()

'Create this macro in OUTLOOK!
Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
Dim objNS As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim objContactFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim objContact As Outlook.ContactItem
Dim objItems As Outlook.Items
Dim obj As Object
Dim strName As String

On Error Resume Next

Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objNS = objOL.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set objContactFolder = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)
Set objItems = objContactFolder.Items

For Each obj In objItems
'Test for contact and not distribution list
If obj.Class = olContact Then
Set objContact = obj

With objContact
If InStr(1, .FullName, "Treasurer") Then
strName = .FullName
.JobTitle = strName 'Copy Name to Job Title
.FullName = "" 'Set the FullName field content to nothing
.Save
End If
End With
End If

Err.Clear
Next

Set objOL = Nothing
Set objNS = Nothing
Set obj = Nothing
Set objContactFolder = Nothing
Set objContact = Nothing
End Sub

KennyT wrote:
I have a number of similar contacts (e.g "The Treasurer") for various
companies in my Outlook contacts list. When I try to display the
address book in Word, "company name" is not amongst the listed items.
Is there any way of adding it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KennyT KennyT is offline

OK, understood. The main problem is that the contacts name is unknown, so
leaving that blank doesn't make it any easier to identify the correct contact
from the address book listing.

Thank you anyway.

KennyT wrote:
I have a number of similar contacts (e.g "The Treasurer") for various
companies in my Outlook contacts list. When I try to display the
address book in Word, "company name" is not amongst the listed items.
Is there any way of adding it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Actually it does, because if you remove The Treasurer from the contact
field(s) the Company name is listed in the address book instead, which was
your original request. Try it!