Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Max2006 Max2006 is offline

Default Word 2007 and document history

Hi,

In word 2003 I used to be able use the version feature of word.

The version feature allowed me to have multiple version of the history of
the document in the file.

The option used to be in save menu.

Where is this option in Word 2007?

Any help would be appreciated,
Max

PS: After two years, I yet to come across anybody who don't hate the new
office 2007 UI !!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

"Max2006" wrote in message

PS: After two years, I yet to come across anybody who don't hate the new
office 2007 UI !!!!!!

I love it!

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Max2006 Max2006 is offline

PS: After two years, I yet to come across anybody who don't hate the new
office 2007 UI !!!!!!

I love it!

I found the 1st one! Great! Then spend some time to find the version history
feature that we used to have since office 97. Let me know if that makes you
even love it more!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Max/Alan,

The version feature in Word created really large files, making them difficult to transport or transmit for collaboration or share
documents and,over time had a history of being prone to document corruption.

For Office 2007, rather than work on repair/enhancement of the built in feature, MS removed it and made an investment in a different
direction, building on the capabilities of the MS [Office] Sharepoint product family as a document management, collaboration and
workflow/versioning base that included work on Word documents in this version and in future versions.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

And if you want a simple version function, see
http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm