Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Change reviewers name for revisions already made?

:In Word 2003, I have a document that's been reviwed by multiple reviewers.
One of the reviewers apparently did not have her user information set up, so
her comments are identified as made by (blank). (For example, instead of
showing "Renata Prodi, 6/6/2008 07:15:02 inserted:", the comment marking
appears as ", 6/6/2008 07:15:02 inserted:".)

Is there any way to change a reviewer's name for revisions already included
in the document, or to add a reviewer's name for revisions where the
reviewer's name is blank?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Here's one way, although you might lose some formatting (if there's anything
in the file not supported by .rtf), so make sure you save a backup copy of
the original file:

1. Save the file in .rtf format.

2. Open that file as a text file.

Tools - Options - General, enable Confirm conversion at open. Then, when you
open the .rtf file, set it to Plain text rather than .rtf.

3. Replace the blank with the desired name.

You'll see a section like this:

{\*\revtbl {Unknown;}{Grant;}{Herb;}{ ;}}

In this case, the { ;} that follows Herb is the blank one. For my test, I
changed it so that it now looks like this:

{\*\revtbl {Unknown;}{Grant;}{Herb;}{Renata Prodi;}}

4. Save the file (keeping the .rtf extension). If prompted about being sure,
click Yes.

5. Open the file as an .rtf file. If you don't routinely have Confirm
conversion at open enabled, you might want to turn it off. Confirm that the
formerly blank reviewer is now shown as Rentat Prodi.

6. Save As in Word format.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible