TonyV

Default Some autotext entries not working.

I have several autotext entries, but with some of them the autocomplete tip
does not appear. They only work when I press F3 function key.

Here is 2 examples:
PS3215
PS3219

I can't see why the above the entries don't work.
How can I get the autocomplete tip to appear?

Would also like to know what the requirements are for autotext to work
correctly.

Please advise.
Stefan Blom

For the AutoComplete feature to work, the first four letters of the name
of the AutoText must be unique.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"TonyV" wrote in message
I have several autotext entries, but with some of them the

autocomplete tip
does not appear. They only work when I press F3 function key.

Here is 2 examples:
PS3215
PS3219

I can't see why the above the entries don't work.
How can I get the autocomplete tip to appear?

Would also like to know what the requirements are for autotext to work
correctly.

Please advise.

CyberTaz

As long as the AutoText names are at leaast 4 characters and the check is in
place to Show AutoComplete Suggestions they will still appear, but _not_
until you get to the first unique character. For example:

12345
12346

can both be used, but the autocomplete feature will not trigger until you
type all 5 digits. In the example you gave, only the last digit was unique,
so the feature doesn't know which entry to offer until the unique character
is typed.

HTH |:)

"TonyV" wrote:

I have several autotext entries, but with some of them the autocomplete tip
does not appear. They only work when I press F3 function key.

Here is 2 examples:
PS3215
PS3219

I can't see why the above the entries don't work.
How can I get the autocomplete tip to appear?

Would also like to know what the requirements are for autotext to work
correctly.

Please advise.

Stefan Blom

In my reply, I seem to have confused the length (which wasn't an issue
in the OP's question) with the uniqueness (which was an issue). Thank
you for providing the correct answer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP