Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Spicer

Default Replace white space with tab

In Word2000 per the article;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212311
you can replace spaces with a tab specifying the minimum number of times the
space character must occur if I'm understanding this correctly:

To convert multiple instances of white space characters, such as spaces or
tab characters, to a single instance of the character, use the following
advanced criteria in the Find What box in the Find and Replace dialog box.
x{y,}

where x is the character you are searching for, such as a space, and y is
the minimum number of instances that the character must appear in order to be
replaced.

Can you do this in Word 2003? and if so how?
Thanks, Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hmm...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212311

leads me to a page in German,

in case you are using a German, Dutch,
Norwegian?, Danish?, Swedish? ...? version,

the listseperator would be a semicolon ";",

US and most countries: x{y,}

some banana republics: x{y;}

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Spicer

Thanks Graham, I will have to study that. I don't know what's wrong with the
javascript on this newreader but the link you supply doesn't work when I
click on it here in the reader, but it's correct and I did find the page
going to your home.

Steve Spicer wrote:
In Word2000 per the article;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212311
you can replace spaces with a tab specifying the minimum number of
times the space character must occur if I'm understanding this
correctly:

To convert multiple instances of white space characters, such as
spaces or tab characters, to a single instance of the character, use
the following advanced criteria in the Find What box in the Find and
Replace dialog box. x{y,}

where x is the character you are searching for, such as a space, and
y is the minimum number of instances that the character must appear
in order to be replaced.

Can you do this in Word 2003? and if so how?
Thanks, Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Spicer

Yes, thanks... ^32{2,} in find worked using wildcards where 32 is the Ascii
for space. Finds at least 2 occurances of a space and replaces it with the
tab ^t. Thanks for your help.