Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim

Default Why does my hyperlinks disappear when i close my document?

I've created a word document with hyperlinks. Everytime I close my document
and reopen it, my hyperlinks return to text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools|Options|View and deselect Field Codes.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Kim" wrote:

I've created a word document with hyperlinks. Everytime I close my document
and reopen it, my hyperlinks return to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ojann ojann is offline

Thank you Carol. I searched this site and there it was. Your reply of 2
years ago to Kim has made my day. What would have enabled field codes in the
first place?

Joanne

"Kim" wrote:

I've created a word document with hyperlinks. Everytime I close my document
and reopen it, my hyperlinks return to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word - especially version 2003 - has a bad habit of randomly changing some
settings in the registry where this item is stored. Some have postulated
that the reason has been attributable to add-ins, though it never operates
consistently enough to confirm that. You can change it back when it happens,
you could press ALT+F9 to toggle the display (which is possibly how you
changed it in the first place) or you could fix it with auto running macros.
The following line added to an autonew and an autoopen macro will ensure it
starts 'off' for all your documents

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm