Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackson Jackson is offline

Default Change formatting on bulk list.

How do I change a bulk list from "EMAIL","LAST","FIRST" to a list formatted
to this form, FIRST LAST|EMAIL ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to tell us more about how the list is structured. Is it in a
table? Are there tabs between the three parts of each entry? If not tabs,
what separator?

"Jackson" wrote in message
How do I change a bulk list from "EMAIL","LAST","FIRST" to a list

formatted
to this form, FIRST LAST|EMAIL ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Mail merge? This sounds like a Directory Merge - see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm and

Jackson wrote:
How do I change a bulk list from "EMAIL","LAST","FIRST" to a list
formatted to this form, FIRST LAST|EMAIL ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackson Jackson is offline

The present file is a txt doc. with the comma value as listed ","
The new list needs FIRSTNAME(tab) LASTNAME|EMAIL with one tab between
first and last name. Is there a way to auto-format a DOC. so as to covert
the first list to the new second list?

"Jackson" wrote in message
How do I change a bulk list from "EMAIL","LAST","FIRST" to a list

formatted
to this form, FIRST LAST|EMAIL ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can create a table using Table | Convert | Text to Table, separating at
commas and generating three columns. Once you have your three columns, you
can arrange the columns themselves in any order you like and sort on the
Last Name column if desired. You can then convert the table back to text,
separating with tabs, if desired.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to tell us more about how the list is structured. Is it in a
table? Are there tabs between the three parts of each entry? If not

tabs,
what separator?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jackson" wrote in message
How do I change a bulk list from "EMAIL","LAST","FIRST" to a list

formatted
to this form, FIRST LAST|EMAIL ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackson Jackson is offline

Thanks Suzanne I will try this and get back to you with the results. Since
this pertains to a list with over 50,000 names etc. I knew I had to find an
easier way to convert to new status. Jackson