Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hell-fire Hell-fire is offline

Default Help to setup mailmerge sort by category in word 2000

Hi,

Thanks to the link provided by Peter Jamieson, I saw a different way to sort
my mail merge. Now the problem is, I really can't figure out the logic on
how to do this.

I have created a mail merge in a catelog format that pulls data from an
Access Query. There are 13 fields involved. Two fields are practically the
same (Reportorder and Problemstatus), just one is a number the other is the
description. The Query is setup to sort by Reportorder (ascending) and ID
(descending)

When I do the mail merge it sorts everything the way I want, but I don't
want to see the Problemstatus repeated for the same category. I would like
the Problemstatus to show once followed by the ID's in that category, then
move on to the next category, etc.

For the Reportorder and Problemstatus, there are 12 categories. How would
one setup the mail merge field coding to do this? I hope I supplied enough
detail, but if not, please let me know what else you would like. Thank you
for anyone willing to tackle this problem of mine.