Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aspiring writer guy aspiring writer guy is offline

Default How do I leave a page number blank & continue on.

I'm trying to format like a book. I want to leave page 136 without any page
number and then continue on the next page with 137 (as an example). Page 136
would be totally blank - no text - no page number.

Can anyone help me here? I can't find the answer in Microsoft word help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could either investigate the effect of section breaks on page numbering
or simply insert the page number field conditionally ie

{ IF { Page } 136 "{ Page }" }

or

{ IF { Page } 136 "{ Page } of { Numpages }" }

the curly bracket pairs are inserted with CTRL+F9

aspiring writer guy wrote:
I'm trying to format like a book. I want to leave page 136 without
any page number and then continue on the next page with 137 (as an
example). Page 136 would be totally blank - no text - no page number.

Can anyone help me here? I can't find the answer in Microsoft word
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert an Odd Page section break at the end of page 135. Word will insert a
totally blank page between 135 and 137. You won't see this in Print Layout
view or even in Print Preview unless you're displaying two pages and have
either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" enabled (so that facing
pages are displayed), but it will "print."

"aspiring writer guy" aspiring writer wrote
in message ...