Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
F.H. van Zelm F.H. van Zelm is offline

Default Tools-Options settings lost

Hi,

I use the Word 2003 multilangual version.

Whenever I restart my laptop and Word, some of my settings in
Tools-Options are lost. E.g. I want to see Bookmarks and Fields-Always.

As a work around, I created a macro to redo these settings. But what
can be the cause and what the intelligent solution?

Mvg, Frans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Although this sort of problem can be caused by a damaged Word Data key in
the Registry (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...gMenusEtc.htm),
the problem is often caused by an add-in. When that's the case, a macro may
be the only solution, and unfortunately it will have to be an AutoNew and/or
AutoOpen macro: AutoExec won't work because the add-ins load after
Normal.dot. Of course, if you can identify (by process of elimination) which
add-in is causing the problem and either get a fix from the provider or
ditch the add-in if it's not vital, then that's a better solution.

"F.H. van Zelm" wrote in message
Hi,

I use the Word 2003 multilangual version.

Whenever I restart my laptop and Word, some of my settings in
Tools-Options are lost. E.g. I want to see Bookmarks and Fields-Always.

As a work around, I created a macro to redo these settings. But what
can be the cause and what the intelligent solution?

Mvg, Frans

2007 where are the ToolsOptions options, please? V-ger Microsoft Word Help 4 July 28th 06 01:33 AM
Tools/Options settings do not hold in Word XP (2002) Jan Schroeder Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 12:37 PM
Where are Tools Options settings stored? Ann Scharpf Microsoft Word Help 8 November 15th 05 07:15 PM
Tools - Options CG Microsoft Word Help 6 October 24th 05 02:52 AM
Global Tools/options/file location settings for different users on Hightech Redneck Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM