Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynn

Default Why is the Scripts font not available in Word?

The Scripts font does not appear in Word but it does in Excel. I read an
earlier posting regarding the same situation with a Courier font. The answer
to that was that Word only displays printable fonts. If applied to text in
Excel, the Scripts font prints beautifully.

A secondary question then is, where do these applications look for their
Fonts lists?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Word and Excel handle fonts differently.

Go to Start Control Panel Fonts to see what fonts are installed on your
computer. These are normally, but not necessarily, stored in C
:\Windows\Fonts (and any font file added to this folder is available to any
application). Applications look for the font list in the registry: My
Computer\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts.

"Lynn" wrote in message
The Scripts font does not appear in Word but it does in Excel. I read an
earlier posting regarding the same situation with a Courier font. The
answer
to that was that Word only displays printable fonts. If applied to text
in
Excel, the Scripts font prints beautifully.

A secondary question then is, where do these applications look for their
Fonts lists?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynn

I neglected to mention that yes, I did check first that the Scripts font was
installed on my computer. That is why I do not understand why it is not
available in Word. It is both in Control Panel\Fonts and Windows\Fonts. I
do not have the Current Version\Fonts, but then again, we do not run Windows
NT here.

"Lynn" wrote in message
The Scripts font does not appear in Word but it does in Excel. I read an
earlier posting regarding the same situation with a Courier font. The
answer
to that was that Word only displays printable fonts. If applied to text
in
Excel, the Scripts font prints beautifully.

A secondary question then is, where do these applications look for their
Fonts lists?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

A font is not available in Word if it is not a usable printer font.

The list of fonts is in your registry somewhere -- do a search for a
recognised font name.

"Lynn" wrote in message
The Scripts font does not appear in Word but it does in Excel. I read
an
earlier posting regarding the same situation with a Courier font. The
answer
to that was that Word only displays printable fonts. If applied to
text
in
Excel, the Scripts font prints beautifully.

A secondary question then is, where do these applications look for
their
Fonts lists?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Lynn,

See if this article describes what you're experiencing:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2913...FR=1#appliesto

=======
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net