Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah (OGI) Sarah (OGI) is offline

Default Is there a way to change the colour of live links

I have a Word document with live links from an Excel spreadsheet. The links
are automatically displayed as being shaded in grey. Is there any way of
changing this so the text appears as normal, i.e. not highlighted? I thought
it might be something to do with 'styles' but I'm not so sure now.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think the shading is a result of having Tools Options View tab "Field
shading" set to "Always". If that is the case, you can change the setting to
one of the other options. However, note that the gray shading is only
displayed on the screen, it does not print.

Personally, I find it useful to have the field shading set to "Always" so
that users do not by mistake edit text that is part of a field.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg