Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
2bn4med

Default How do I get a combo box up when I create a form template?

All I want is to create a Text Form Field but have a box come up prompting
user to enter stuff here and they would type in the box and press enter and
it would show up on the form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard

See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm
--
Richard

"2bn4med" wrote:

All I want is to create a Text Form Field but have a box come up prompting
user to enter stuff here and they would type in the box and press enter and
it would show up on the form.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
2bn4med

Thanks for the link, but that wasn't the answer I am looking for. It's an
actual box that pops up on the screen that prompts the user for text info. I
think it needs the help of a simple visual basics code in creating the Text
Form Field Option dialog box. And I dont' know what that would be.

"2bn4med" wrote:

All I want is to create a Text Form Field but have a box come up prompting
user to enter stuff here and they would type in the box and press enter and
it would show up on the form.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

It's a userform. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm. There's also a
separate newsgroup, microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms, for questions about
them.

If the userform collects all the information needed in the document, you
don't need the form fields in the document. Just include bookmarks in the
document, and the userform can insert the user's data into the bookmarks.
That's the method explained by the article.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman