Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
23Hitamn 23Hitamn is offline

Default Beta 07: Footer Page #

Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
23Hitamn 23Hitamn is offline

Not having this issue Suzanne but thanks for the effort! :0)

I can't figure out the commands/how to do this. I need the information on
how to insert the Page # of # commands.

Thanks

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I missed the fact that you're using the beta. I can't answer that, but I
know that finding how to insert "ordinary" page numbers is more difficult.
FWIW, what used to be called AutoText (and Page X of Y was an AutoText
entry) is now in the Building Blocks section.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in

the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to

work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I *think* you'll find some page numbers on the Insert tab under the
Quick Parts drop down. I'm not 100% certain if it's there by default
or if I created it after finding the same issue with finding just a
plain ordinary page number. (I have heard this issue has been
rectified in another build. )

If you don't see Page Numbers then using the Building Blocks Organizer
is the easiest way to insert a simple footer. It's on the Insert tab
under "Quick Parts". Find Page X of Y in the Page numbers Gallery in
the Subtle category. (Note you can click the various columns to change
the sort order.)

Once you find it you can use Edit Properties you can assign it another
category, such as Page Numbers so it will display under the Quick
Parts drop down.

Also, since you want a right align page number, on the Header and
Footer Tools contextual tab, check out the new Alignment tabs. They
will align relative to the margin (or an indent). Finally, the days of
needing to adjust the tabs when you change the margins are over. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page #
in the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to
work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Insert ribbon tab, try Page Number - Bottom of Page - Bold Numbers 2.
If you don't want them bold, then double-click in the footer, select Page #
of #, and remove the bold formatting.

Or, to do it manually, position the insertion point where you want this to
appear, and:

1. Type Pagespace

2. Press Ctrl+F9, type page, press F9, press right arrow, space.

3. Press Ctrl+F9, type numpages, press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

so
all may benefit.

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in
the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to
work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Insert tab, Page number button, Bottom of Page or Top of Page. In the
gallery that appears, scroll all the way to the bottom. There is the
subtle section which has the plain page # ones.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in

the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to

work...

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field delimiters { }. Inside them type
"page". Then move the selection to the right, outside the closing } and
then type a space then "of" then another space. Then use Ctrl+F9 again and
inside this set of field delimiters type "numpages" so that you have

{ page } of { numpages }

Press Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"23Hitamn" wrote in message
Have a dog gone time of trying to figure out how to put the page # in
the
lower right corner of the footer. What I would like is:

1 of 3

I can get the page #'s per page but I can't get the page # of # to
work...

Thanks in advance!

Header and Footer MoPete99 Microsoft Word Help 20 July 25th 06 11:07 AM
footer: Page 2 of 3 & 3 of 3 when typing page 1 of 3 Ms. May2006 Page Layout 1 May 12th 06 05:48 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 11:01 AM