1969 andy

Default Document is reformatting when I attempt to print it.

I have a document that is 95 pages long. When I attempt to print the document
my formatting breaks down and it becomes a mess. Also, the document is
reduced to 92 pages. What is going on?

Thanks in advance.

1969 andy
Anne Troy

Sounds like you've either formatted the document while connected to a
completely different printer, or you've got a bad printer driver.
Double-check.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"1969 andy" 1969 wrote in message
I have a document that is 95 pages long. When I attempt to print the
document
my formatting breaks down and it becomes a mess. Also, the document is
reduced to 92 pages. What is going on?

Thanks in advance.

1969 andy

If you have nonprinting characters displayed and the document contains a
significant amount of Hidden text (in the form of XE or TC fields or the
like), and you are not printing Hidden text (as by default you won't), there
will be a significant (possibly three-page) difference in the length of a
92-95-page document.

"1969 andy" 1969 wrote in message
I have a document that is 95 pages long. When I attempt to print the

document
my formatting breaks down and it becomes a mess. Also, the document is
reduced to 92 pages. What is going on?

Thanks in advance.

1969 andy

1969 andy

hi bob

I have been working in print layout view but still getting the shrinkage on
the toal number of pages when the printer is actually about to print.

andy

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Andy,

Are you working in Print Layout view?
Other views in Word aren't reflective of
the print layout when you're editing.

=====

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

1969 andy

hi suzanne

how do I deal with the hidden text? i don't know anything about XE or TC
fields.
the document is one created in LOTUS WORD PRO saved into WORDPAD and
imported into WORD, but do not know if this makes any difference or explains
the hidden text.

andy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have nonprinting characters displayed and the document contains a
significant amount of Hidden text (in the form of XE or TC fields or the
like), and you are not printing Hidden text (as by default you won't), there
will be a significant (possibly three-page) difference in the length of a
92-95-page document.

"1969 andy" 1969 wrote in message
I have a document that is 95 pages long. When I attempt to print the

document
my formatting breaks down and it becomes a mess. Also, the document is
reduced to 92 pages. What is going on?

Thanks in advance.

1969 andy

On the View tab of Tools | Options, make sure that "Hidden text" is not
checked. But under the circumstances (WordPro WordPad Word), there's no
telling what's going on.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have nonprinting characters displayed and the document contains a
significant amount of Hidden text (in the form of XE or TC fields or the
like), and you are not printing Hidden text (as by default you won't),

there
will be a significant (possibly three-page) difference in the length of

92-95-page document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.