1sandyj

Default Provide option to prevent autoformatting for para numbering, etc.

Word 2003 does too much autoformatting, I spend most of my time undoing what
it has done. PLEASE go back to the basics and only give us what we ask for.
Being an experienced Word user and a fast typist means nothing in Word now.
Word will not let me apply a style I want. Instead it modifies the style that
is most similar to what is there. The styles feature is totally out of
control. It goes through my document and updates things without warning.
Don't create a style for each piece of text that does not match another
style. You need to test these features on real, complex documents.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Jay Freedman

The option you ask for is already in Word. Go to Tools AutoCorrect
Options AutoFormat As You Type and uncheck "Define styles based on
your format". You should probably also uncheck most of the other
options there. For more information, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman