JulieG

Default What is the best way for multiple users to update a document toget

Can somebody please advise the best way to do the following

I have a document, and many collegues have a copy of the same document. Each
person updates their own changes to their own copy using track change. BUT I
then have to take each document and type in the changes to the main document.
Is there a way each person can add their own information to the one document
at the same time. The problem is due to deadlines they need to do this at the
same time.

This is duplicating the effort. I've read other responses and Shared
Workgroups are mentioned, but I know aboluletley nothing about these.

Many thanks
JulieG

CyberTaz

Hi JulieG-

Word docs are not multiuser, so only one person at a time can open the file
for editing. If you are using Track Changes, however, why are you having to
retype rather than using Accept/Reject changes?

A couple of options for you to consider:

1) The Compare & Merge feature in Word, or

2) If each user is contributing separate content, have them create
individual docs which can be combined using the InsertFile command.
Regards |:)