Word 2003 Bullets anomaly

Default Unable to print bullets using Word 2003, but OK in Word 97?

Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version 11.5604?
Is there a workaround?
Word 2003 Bullets anomaly

Hi Anne,
You are correct. The non-print bullets are on a WinXP_Pro system and the
"Symbol" bullet font is not TrueType.
Whereas, the printing bullets are on a Win98 system and the "Symbol" bullet
font is TrueType.
How do I add the TrueType "Symbol" font to the WinXP system which should fix
the problem?

Regards :-) John Sealey

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Are you on the same PC? If not, then the font you used for the bullets may
not be installed on the new PC. Otherwise, check your printer driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word 2003 Bullets anomaly" Word 2003 Bullets
wrote in message
Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version 11.5604?
Is there a workaround?

Anne Troy

Just copy it over to the 2003 machine, then see this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/f...oft_office.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word

document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and

printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version

11.5604?
Is there a workaround?

Word 2003 Bullets anomaly

Hi Anne,

The problem was with the "HP LaserJet 4000 T PCL 6" printer driver --
outdated!
The driver was replaced use the HP Instant Support - Driver Check website.
To fix this type of problem required a process of elimination and patience.

Many thanks for all your help and your website reference for free fonts.

Regards :-) John Sealey