Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Janet

Default Style - Creating 2 column Tables

I'm using Word 2003. I want to create a new style - to convert text,
separated by paragraphs, into a 2 column table, with no borders. I have
tried both using New Style and selecting what I want, or making the
formatting changes to the text and then naming the new style. When I try to
apply the new style, I have a 2 column table, with no borders, BUT the text
has remained in one column, rather than being divided into 2 columns. When I
make the formatting changes to the text, it has very clearly been divided
into 2 columns. So why doesn't style work?
A second question - since I have been experimenting, I have several styles,
that I want to PERMANENTLY delete (I saved to the template - being
optimistic!) - how can I now get rid of them?
Also, is there a way to have ONLY the styles which I have created appear
with every new document or do I have to hide the others and select the ones I
want?
Why oh why is style better than a macro?!?
Thanks
Janet