- Sonal (pls reply asap anyone!)

Default NEED HELP ON MICROSOFT WORD 2003

hi,
i am having some problems with my microsoft word 2003.
When i press enter some symbol keeps appearing again and again. When i press
the spacebar some dots keep appearing. I checked the font type and colour and
number,nothings wrong with that then why is word 2003 like that?
Pat Garard

G'Day Sonal,

Nothing is wrong; your documents will print WITHOUT those
symbols.

Word can be set to display Symbols that it is sometimes useful
to be able to see.

Look at Word's Standard Toolbar (usually the top one) and you
will find a button with the symbol "¶" on it.

Click this button to turn this display OFF/ON.

For a full explanation, please see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"- Sonal (pls reply asap anyone!)" - Sonal (pls reply asap
wrote in message
news
hi,
i am having some problems with my microsoft word 2003.
When i press enter some symbol keeps appearing again and again. When i
press
the spacebar some dots keep appearing. I checked the font type and colour
and
number,nothings wrong with that then why is word 2003 like that?

$oNaL...

hey pat..!!
g'day to u too..
thnks so mch 4 relli helpin me outt..it worked..nd i was pankickin 4 no
reason..
lol...now i can do my assignment....thnks neway!
i owe u :P
-sonal...

wrote in message
news
hi,
i am having some problems with my microsoft word 2003.
When i press enter some symbol keeps appearing again and again. When i
press
the spacebar some dots keep appearing. I checked the font type and colour
and
number,nothings wrong with that then why is word 2003 like that?

jonesy

What you can see are non printable characters. You display these when you
proof read your work, to enable you to check all spacing is consistant. On
your menu bar there is an icon that looks like a backwards P, by clicking on
it you will remove the hide and show characters, by clicking on it again it
will put them back on. Hope this helps.