js

Default insert datetime

hi, in notepad, I press F5 will insert datetime into doc, how to do that in
word? thanks.

Jay Freedman

js wrote:
hi, in notepad, I press F5 will insert datetime into doc, how to do
that in word? thanks.

Have you tried the "Date and Time" item on the Insert menu?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

CyberTaz

Hello JS-

Try Alt+Shift+T

HTH |:)

"js" wrote:

hi, in notepad, I press F5 will insert datetime into doc, how to do that in
word? thanks.

Or Alt+Shift+D for the date. But note that these shortcuts insert date and
time fields, which will update every time you print. If you want a static
date, you'd be better advised to use a CreateDate field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
Hello JS-

Try Alt+Shift+T

HTH |:)

"js" wrote:

hi, in notepad, I press F5 will insert datetime into doc, how to do that

in
word? thanks.

CyberTaz

Hi Suzanne-

Thanx for the clarification... had reassiged that keystroke so long ago
that I had forgotten about it!

Regards |:)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or Alt+Shift+D for the date. But note that these shortcuts insert date and
time fields, which will update every time you print. If you want a static
date, you'd be better advised to use a CreateDate field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
Hello JS-

Try Alt+Shift+T