Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sharsy sharsy is offline

Default How can I print different sections of the one Word document to twodifferent printers?

How can I print different sections of the one Word document to two
different printers? e.g. section 1 to b & w printer and section 2 to
the colour printer. I have only been able to figure out how to print
to different trays on the same printer which doesn't help me!!! Thanks
- sharsy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You'll need a macro. http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm demonstrates
how to switch printers and trays you need to add the extra code to print the
sections - something like

Dim sPrinter As String
sPrinter = ActivePrinter
ActivePrinter = "Printer name 1"
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="s1"
ActivePrinter = "Printer name 2"
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="s2"
ActivePrinter = sPrinter