Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Glass

Default Lock document for revision but allow embedded object interaction.

I need to disseminate a document to our users but not allow them to change or
modify it. They are allowed to save the document to their PC's but not to
modify it and later save it with a new file name. I tried the MS Word 2003
"PROTECT" feature and this worked to prevent document modification but it did
not allow for a user to click on an embedded object (e.g. a supporting
document). I don't want to use Windows IRM due to the nature of our business
and that it's "free trial" could, someday, be terminated.

Any ideas?

Steve Glass