Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl

Default Drag & Drop problem

Why can't I drag and drop text when I have another dialog box, such as a
"Find" box, open in Word. I'm using Word 2003 now, and I don't remember
having this problem in earlier versions of Word. Is this something new or is
there some option I need to set?

When I find something and want to make a change by dragging some text to a
new location I get the "forbidden" icon until I close the "find" box. This
is a pain when I'm seaching the document for the same text but making
different changes each time I find it.

Thanks,