Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Sandra is offline

Default NEED HELP WITH UNDO

My coworker lost her "Undo" function and when she selects the Edit menu now,
the "Reformatting" displays in place of Undo.

I have never seen this in Word and am wondering if it's possible to toggle
this on and off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] witchseason@btinternet.com is offline

On 19 Sep, 16:24, Sandra wrote:
My coworker lost her "Undo" function and when she selects the Edit menu now,
the "Reformatting" displays in place of Undo.

I have never seen this in Word and am wondering if it's possible to toggle
this on and off?

Sounds like someone's been customising menus. Does Ctrl+Z work OK? If
so, introduce her to the wonderful world of shortcuts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Sandra is offline

Thank you! This is helpful to know. But, we were both wondering what made it
disapppear from the Edit menu. My coworker did not customize her menu and we
are wondering how to put that function back in the Edit menu?

" wrote:

On 19 Sep, 16:24, Sandra wrote:
My coworker lost her "Undo" function and when she selects the Edit menu now,
the "Reformatting" displays in place of Undo.

I have never seen this in Word and am wondering if it's possible to toggle
this on and off?

Sounds like someone's been customising menus. Does Ctrl+Z work OK? If
so, introduce her to the wonderful world of shortcuts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

This article explains one way that menu commands can go missing:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

" wrote:

On 19 Sep, 16:24, Sandra wrote:
My coworker lost her "Undo" function and when she selects the Edit
menu now, the "Reformatting" displays in place of Undo.

I have never seen this in Word and am wondering if it's possible to
toggle this on and off?

Sounds like someone's been customising menus. Does Ctrl+Z work OK? If
so, introduce her to the wonderful world of shortcuts.

Can't Undo when it can! Tenacity Microsoft Word Help 0 April 19th 07 04:26 AM
Excel - Undo,,,Why does it go away. Frank the Tank Microsoft Word Help 4 April 4th 07 02:40 PM
redo and undo Lucy Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 07 12:19 AM
Cannot undo any changes. Smitty Microsoft Word Help 0 November 8th 06 05:08 PM
Undo a mistake Bill Microsoft Word Help 3 September 12th 05 01:29 PM