Swiftwater Bill

Default How do I get word to recognize carriage returns for replacement?

The CRs are showing up in the formatting, but find and replace will not
recognize them unless I delete them and manually enter new ones.

Sometimes characters that display as paragraph breaks (ΒΆ) are really
something like line breaks. Sometimes you can find them with ^l (that's a
lowercase L), but if that doesn't work, try using ^13.

"Swif****er Bill" Swif****er wrote in
message ...
The CRs are showing up in the formatting, but find and replace will not
recognize them unless I delete them and manually enter new ones.

Joyce H., Annapolis, MD

Bill-- To delete hard returns (paragraph marks):

Find ^p
Replace (with nothing if that's your goal)

At the bottom of the Search/Replace window, if you click on "Special,"
you'll get a pop-up list of many different kinds of "marks"