Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JerD@FSC JerD@FSC is offline

Default Bullet Point in a Mailmerge field

Hello all,

I am merging from an Excel worksheet into a Word doc. I am using
if...then...else to only give me data that exists. If that data exists, I
would like it to begin with a bullett. If I put the bullet in the word doc,
then the bullet is always there....even if there is no merged data. What I
would like to see is a bullet only if there is merge data but I don't know
how to put that into my merge statement. I'm using:

{ IF {MERGEFIELD Num_Purchased }0 "{MERGEFIELD Num_Purchased}" ""} {IF
{MERGEFIELD Num_Purchased} ="YES" "text about what was purchased" ""}

the reads something like:
5 3800 scanners purchased

I would like it to read:
(BULLET) 5 3800 scanners purchased

Any help would be WONDERFUL!! Thanks so much and I hope everyone had great
holidays!!

-Jer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Instead of using a bullet (as in numbering and bullets) use the symbol from
the InsertSymbol dialog

{ IF {MERGEFIELD Num_Purchased }0 "[Symbol here][tab]{MERGEFIELD
Num_Purchased}" ""}

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JerD@FSC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JerD@FSC JerD@FSC is offline

Is there a symbol for a bullet?? I could only find symbols for other
language characters. If there is, do you know the code number?? Thanks for
the suggestion!! I think this will work great if there is a symbol for a
bullet point.

-Jer

"JerD@FSC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JerD@FSC JerD@FSC is offline

I think I found a suitable symbol, and it looks pretty good. I'm still
getting a blank line where the skipped record is. Is there any way around
that?? I'm getting.
Line 1
Line 2

Line 4

and what I would like is:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 4

Thanks again for your assistance!!

-Jer

"JerD@FSC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will need to use a "Nested" If...then...Else... field construction that
inserts the necessary information if the test is true, followed by a
carriage return and then the next data, and just inserts the next data if
the test is false.