Joanne

Default Word 2002 tracked changes

How to I copy sections a word document containing tracked changes in which I
preserve the original color and notations?

Everytime I try to Cut and Paste from the original document, I lose the
color and underline of the proposed changes. I want to create separate files
of the sections under consideration. The cut and paste automatically
incorporates the changes into the document.

I am using Word 2002.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Joanne

To copy text to another document without copying the track changes, turn on
Track Changes (ensure that TRK on the status bar is dark). Now copy and
paste.

To copy text to another document with the tracked changes, turn off Track
Changes (ensure that TRK on the status bar is dimmed). Now copy and paste.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Joanne" wrote in message
How to I copy sections a word document containing tracked changes in which
preserve the original color and notations?

Everytime I try to Cut and Paste from the original document, I lose the
color and underline of the proposed changes. I want to create separate
files
of the sections under consideration. The cut and paste automatically
incorporates the changes into the document.

I am using Word 2002.

Joanne

OK. Thanks Shauna.

So to summarize, when copying parts of a document edited with "Track
Changes", you must turn OFF (unoutlined icon) Track Changes on the original
document AND on the receiving document space. After you have pasted the parts
into the new document space, you can turn Track Changes back on (click on
icon to make it outlined). Saving the new document now will capture both old
tracked changes and new ones with the same tracked format.