Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebecca101 Rebecca101 is offline

Default How do I convert word to pdf?

Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you don't want to download something then you're limiting your options.
If you go to http://createpdf.adobe.com/ you can sign up for a free trial
and get 5 files converted *however* I don't know if something has to be
downloaded or not. If you did it before then the computer you were using had
the software installed that allowed you to do so.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Rebecca101" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm
using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate
this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jan 22, 7:18*pm, Rebecca101
wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

If Adobe Acrobat (not Adobe Reader) is on your computer, then simply
Print the document (don't use the button on the toolbar -- that
automatically sends your document to the default printer). Use Ctrl-P
and in the printer selection box, select Adobe Acrobat from the list,
and click OK. It'll try to save the pdf in your "My Documents" folder,
and if that's not ok, browse to where you want to store it.

If Acrobat isn't on your computer, a free download that works is
"pdf995".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2003 has never had an option to create PDFs, so if you want to create
them and you don't already have a PDF creation utility installed, you will
have to add one. PrimoPDF is suitably innocuous.

Rebecca101 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the
computer I'm using is not my own. I have converted a Word document to
PDF once before from within Word, and didn't need any external
software. I obtained these instructions from a website, but for some
reason I can't seem to locate this information again. Can anyone
please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nzwal nzwal is offline

"grammatim" wrote:

On Jan 22, 7:18 pm, Rebecca101
wrote:
[...]

Thanks Grammatim, that has solved my problem too, thank god for helpfull people like you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fleur Fleur is offline

A great solution to the same problem I had! Work perfectly!

"grammatim" wrote:

On Jan 22, 7:18 pm, Rebecca101
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L'il Rachelle L'il Rachelle is offline

This worked for me too, great, Thanks!!!

"grammatim" wrote:

On Jan 22, 7:18 pm, Rebecca101
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How *I* create .pdf files or how to do the free Adobe thing?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"display answers" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thigdesigns thigdesigns is offline

One option is to use a website based converter. No software to download and
best of all its free. There is no limit to the amount you can do. See
www.media-convert.com

"Rebecca101" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jz0001 jz0001 is offline

OpenOffice from Sun (OpenOffice.org) provides a free, built-in "Export to
PDF" feature, as does Google Documents. I am not sure why Microsoft has not
provided a similar built-in feature to it's Office products.

You can install OpenOffice or use Google Documents for free.

Google Documents is essentially a free, online alternative to Microsoft
Office. It doesn't require you to install any software locally, so it may be
a good choice to convert MSOffice files to PDF.

"Rebecca101" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hi jz

jz0001 wrote:
OpenOffice from Sun (OpenOffice.org) provides a free, built-in "Export to
PDF" feature, as does Google Documents. I am not sure why Microsoft has not
provided a similar built-in feature to it's Office products.

it was built-in in the beta version of Office 12, but has been
transformed into an Add-In because of complaints from -- Adobe:

http://news.cnet.com/Microsoft-deliv...3-6114752.html

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaryAnnLibrarian MaryAnnLibrarian is offline

I've been using DocMorph from the National library of Medicine. They have 2
free versions -

- DocMorph http://docmorph.nlm.nih.gov/docmorph/ allows you to upload,
convert, open and save a pdf

- MyMorph - free software on the same page that you can install on your
computer and then drag-and-drop multiple documents at a time.

Good Luck!

" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, there is no built-in way to save as PDF (as far as I can
remember), but there are some useful free programs that you can install;
they install as printers and you create files by printing the document to a
particular printer driver. CutePDF does a good job.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tyeshia" wrote in message

"Rebecca101" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office
Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the computer I'm
using
is not my own. I have converted a Word document to PDF once before from
within Word, and didn't need any external software. I obtained these
instructions from a website, but for some reason I can't seem to locate
this
information again. Can anyone please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zip-lost Zip-lost is offline

I have very old ZIP files to open, but the password is forgotten. Do you
have any advice for me.

Rebecca101 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the
computer I'm using is not my own. I have converted a Word document to
PDF once before from within Word, and didn't need any external
software. I obtained these instructions from a website, but for some
reason I can't seem to locate this information again. Can anyone
please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have some spare cash, plenty of time and infinite patience -
http://www.elcomsoft.com/archpr.html?src=prog_archpr

Rebecca101 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the
computer I'm using is not my own. I have converted a Word document to
PDF once before from within Word, and didn't need any external
software. I obtained these instructions from a website, but for some
reason I can't seem to locate this information again. Can anyone
please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Rebecca101 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert a Word document to a PDF file using Microsoft
Office Word 2003. I'm hesitant to download free programs as the
computer I'm using is not my own. I have converted a Word document to
PDF once before from within Word, and didn't need any external
software. I obtained these instructions from a website, but for some
reason I can't seem to locate this information again. Can anyone
please advise how this is done?
Thanking you in advance,
Rebecca

How to Convert Word to PDF? RB Nash - Ohio Microsoft Word Help 3 July 9th 06 07:35 PM
word should be able to convert pdf to doc Jay Microsoft Word Help 1 June 12th 06 03:24 PM
Convert to Word brenda New Users 2 November 17th 05 06:44 AM
convert word to PDF HR Microsoft Word Help 1 May 30th 05 02:35 AM
Convert Ms-Word to XML Karunakar New Users 1 March 31st 05 10:13 AM