aaron Fisher

Default merged data will not preview

edited the merge list. filled in the address fields. But when it comes time
to preview or print, i'm looking at a new document filled with blank space.
The merge won't seem to complete.
Tess

I am having troubles trying to get the Address Book within Microsoft Office
to merge into a Word document to allow me to print labels off of these
addresses. I just spent all this time typing in over 300 addresses for my
wedding invitations into the Address Book in Microsoft Office and thought I
made sure that it would merge, but now it is giving me fits. Can anyone
help?? I know this is a reply but I am not having any luck with computers
because everytime I press new question it will not pop up any windows but it
will let me reply? I just need help with my merge. Thanks
Graham Mayor

See if http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm helps.

aaron Fisher wrote:
edited the merge list. filled in the address fields. But when it
comes time to preview or print, i'm looking at a new document filled
with blank space. The merge won't seem to complete.

Graham Mayor

Word will only interface with a MAPI compliant address book, which
essentially means the Outlook contacts list for most users. If you have used
any other address book (eg the Outlook Express address book) you are going
to have to export the addresses to a comma delimited file and use the method
at http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm to set it as a
usable data file for your mail merge (or import the file into Outlook). This
will be a lot quicker than retyping the list.

If you entered the addresses in Outlook, see
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm for the preparation of your
labels.