Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dlhzyxpdq dlhzyxpdq is offline

Default missing paragraph markers

I created a file from a text file and saved it as a 97-2003 file in Word
2007. After saving and closing Word, my formatting is all messed up after
re-opening. I am missing what was double spaces lines. The double spaced
lines are single spaced and the single spaced lines are just a block of text.
Please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you click on the Show/Hide (¶) button, what do you see at the end of each
line?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"dlhzyxpdq" wrote in message
I created a file from a text file and saved it as a 97-2003 file in Word
2007. After saving and closing Word, my formatting is all messed up after
re-opening. I am missing what was double spaces lines. The double spaced
lines are single spaced and the single spaced lines are just a block of
text.
Please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dlhzyxpdq dlhzyxpdq is offline

I see ^p marks at the end of each line in the original document. After it is
saved and reopened every other ^p mark has been removed which greatly
disrupts the formatting. The original document matches the original txt file
until after saving and reopening.
Thanks

"dlhzyxpdq" wrote in message
I created a file from a text file and saved it as a 97-2003 file in Word
2007. After saving and closing Word, my formatting is all messed up after
re-opening. I am missing what was double spaces lines. The double spaced
lines are single spaced and the single spaced lines are just a block of
text.
Please help!!!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you using some "clean up web text" feature. There must be something
removing the redundant paragraph marks.

However, I would say "good riddance" to them and achieve the layout that I
required by properly formatting the paragraph styles to have the desired
line spacing, space before or after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.