Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document?

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways to
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a document
once inserted.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the numbers were inserted using Insert | Page Numbers, they can be tricky
to delete safely. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm for
instructions.

"Kevin" wrote in message
How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways to
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Which version of Word?

If prior to 2007, go to ViewHeader & Footer, then delete the page number
code as well as any other unwanted content. If the doc uses several pg
number schemes in different sections the content will have to be deleted
from each Footer.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/2/07 5:42 PM, in article
, "Kevin"
wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways to
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sunny sunny is offline

I am new to this version of Wrod. I hit "Insert" for page # and picked a
style. The page # went into the document, but I could not get back to the
main text to keep writing the text of the document. I was stuck in the
footer. Can someone tell me what I should do? Thanks, Sunny

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways to
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Double-click the main body of the document to close the header and footer
view (or press the close button on the far left of the Header & Footer Tools
ribbon).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Double-click the main body of the document to close the header and footer
view (or press the close button on the far left of the Header & Footer
Tools ribbon).

Obviously, I meant to write on the far *right* of the ribbon.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon jon is offline

I'd like to start numbering with page 2 on the actual page 5, no numbers
before that. Is Word 2007 capable of this feat?
Jon

"estelle" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Certainly. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...atter_2007.htm (and note
that if you see a huge gap in the text in the first screen, there is more
text after the gap!).

http://word.mvps.org

"estelle" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of
ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon jon is offline

Sorry, the instructions on that page are a bit of a confusing nightmare. I
don't want *any* numbers on the front matter, not Roman numerals.
Jon

"Jon" wrote in message
I'd like to start numbering with page 2 on the actual page 5, no numbers
before that. Is Word 2007 capable of this feat?
Jon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Double-click the page number in the header (or footer); this activates the
header/footer view. Then select and delete the page number that you want to
get rid of.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Keith" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Also, if it was inserted via Insert | Page Numbers, it will be in a frame,
and you need to be careful to delete the entire frame to avoid the
"wandering frame" problem discussed in

"Keith" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good point.

Having text boundaries displayed in Word makes it easier to see such page
number frames.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Keith" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote:

How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document? Using the
"Insert" drop down menu, then "Page Numbering", offers a number of ways
edit page numbers, but I don't see a way to eliminate them from a
document
once inserted.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I find myself absolutely at sea when I open a copy of Word that doesn't have
both nonprinting characters and text boundaries displayed. Those are the two
changes I make immediately.

http://word.mvps.org