Alank

Default When I press " I get @ and vica versa

I have checked settings and so all OK ie English and also correct regional
setting but still get this fault when I select " I get @

Any ideas what I have got set up wrong

I believe those are among the keys that are reversed on English (U.S.) and
English (U.K.) keyboards.

"Alank" wrote in message
I have checked settings and so all OK ie English and also correct regional
setting but still get this fault when I select " I get @

Any ideas what I have got set up wrong

Graham Mayor

You have the wrong keyboard layout configured in Windows. In Windows XP this
is configured from Control Panel Regional & Languages Settings Languages
Options, but whatever your operating system it is not a Word issue.

Alank wrote:
I have checked settings and so all OK ie English and also correct
regional setting but still get this fault when I select " I get @

Any ideas what I have got set up wrong

Alank

Still got this problem checked and I have England as my location and region
also if I try the English pound symbol I get #

"Alank" wrote:

I have checked settings and so all OK ie English and also correct regional
setting but still get this fault when I select " I get @

Any ideas what I have got set up wrong

Graham Mayor

You *still* have the US keyboard layout configured. You can have a US
keyboard layout and still have UK as the regional setting. Check the part of
the regional setting relating to keyboards.

"Alank" wrote:

I have checked settings and so all OK ie English and also correct
regional setting but still get this fault when I select " I get @

Any ideas what I have got set up wrong

Graham Mayor

The only other thing I can think of is that you either have a defective or
the wrong keyboard driver installed for your keyboard. For some reason,
Windows still thinks you are using a US pattern keyboard.